20-26th November is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week.
Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that cannot be detected by human senses. Basic household appliances such as cookers, boilers, stoves and fireplaces can all produce carbon monoxide.
Luckily, there are some simple steps you can take to stay safe including making sure that your home has a carbon monoxide detector. You can find out more by visiting www.coalarmssavelives.com/ and if you suspect there may be a carbon monoxide emergency then help is at hand by calling 0800 111 999.
Due to increases in energy prices and the cost of living crisis households are looking to keep costs down, but cutting corners can cost lives so it's important not to place you and your household at risk when it comes to keeping warm.
Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week is the perfect time to refresh your knowledge and join the campaign to raise awareness! Follow #CarbonMonoxideAwarenessWeek online for updates.